We all have heard the Kanye West song “The Good Life”, but what does that truly mean? Around here we define the good life as having fulfillment and enjoying life. There is no magic income number or endless vacations that make your life the good life. The good life is having fulfillment in your daily activities and enjoying the fruits of your labor. A lot of us are truly depleted in energy, time, and clarity and this is not the way that we are meant to live life. Today, I’m going to break down a few ways that you can begin to live the good life today.
1. Get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. We cannot grow without stretching ourselves and when we challenge ourselves, it gives us an opportunity to be pruned of things that no longer fits in our lives and makes room for the new thing. Setting goals that stretch you is a great way to get to know you and your character better and help you to feel good about your growth. You should have goals that you are working on all the time. If not, what are you doing and how are you growing?
2. Rid yourself of fomo or fear of missing out. Have you ever felt left out because your friends were talking about the new Netflix series that you missed? Are you upset about the brunch you missed because you were working on your goals? Give up the fomo. Most things are better suited for another time, and I want you to remember that your time is precious, and it is a commodity that you cannot get back. Use your time wisely. Use it for your improvement and enjoyment.
3. Plan ahead for vacations, mental health days, date nights, etc. You will not miss out if you plan ahead. If there is a trip that you want to take, plan how you will save the money to be able to go. I have a travel fund that I invest in so that when I am ready for a vacation or quick trip, I can do that. Want to go to brunch? Plan ahead. It will save you time, money, and frustration.
4. Be aware of where you are in every area of your life. You should know where you stand financially, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Keeping a journal will help to stay in tune about where you are in each area. This will help you to keep track of your goals and know when to celebrate because you are also tracking your milestones. If you are not aware of where you are, you won’t know where you’re going or if you have arrived.
5. Protect your peace with boundaries. Boundaries are essential to your enjoyment of life. Don’t feel bad for taking a well-deserved day off of work. I would encourage you to take one mental health day a month to do a reset and to just have time for yourself. Use do not disturb so that you can take time out for you as well. Get a hotel room for the weekend when you need a break and change of scenery. Boundaries keep you and your relationships safe.
It takes strategy, consistency, and grit to live the good life. And I want to help you to create a strategy of living the good life. Together, we can come up with a strategy to help you find fulfillment and have a life that you truly enjoy. Book a consultation to get started today!