We all get a case of the Mondays sometimes starting on Sunday night. We will feel the stress before it even comes. And let me tell you, that is no way to live. I know what that feels like, and it almost cost me my health. But there are things that we can do to better prepare our minds for Monday and the workweek ahead. Let's look at a few ways that we can begin to love Mondays again.
1. Prepare ahead of time. We can sometimes run late on Monday but when we prepare ahead of time, it doesn’t matter. Rushing is one of the worst things that you can do for your day, time, and health. Instead of rushing prepare all you need ahead of time. Make your lunch, lay out your clothes, and take your time with your prep. This will ease the stress of rushing and get you off to a good start.
2. Use your Sundays to relax your mind. Make Sunday a no social media or news day. Is any of that really important right now? Probably not. Use this time to focus on you by doing stress relieving activities like having a spa day, coloring, watching your favorite feel-good movie. Give your mind time to prepare for what’s ahead by not stressing it out.
3. Schedule everything you need ahead of time. This includes time for yourself. Having a schedule will keep you accountable in your time and help you work towards your goals. This will also keep you from overextending yourself and trying to fill every minute of the day. It also gives you an opportunity to make sure that you are using your time towards your goals and fun activities. When you know ahead of time what you need to do, it makes your day less stressful. Take some time to review your schedule the night before so that you can prepare for what's ahead as well.
4. Ask for support where you need it. We can also delegate some things off of our plate in order to make our lives easier. Delegate tasks that don’t require your presence to get done. That way you can focus on what is important at that moment. You have now saved yourself time and a headache. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
5. Give yourself grace. You won’t always follow your schedule and we have to remember that we can’t control every circumstance. Control what you can control and let go of the rest. I know it is easier said than done but if you begin to practice that now, it will become a habit later. Celebrate when you do get it right but take it easy when you miss the mark.
Looking for a safe space and community just for women? Want to see what our community is about? Join us for the Date Night Experience on May 13, 2022, at 8 pm EST. Each month our community, The Date Night Club, gets together virtually for fun, networking, and tossing off the superwoman cape. This month’s theme is Wine Night so bring your favorite wine or beverage if you do not drink wine and prepare to have fun. No dress code and we meet for one hour. Click the link below to grab your ticket now! We can't wait to meet you!